Tuesday, August 18, 2026

My intestines fall out during my birthday party. (dream)

Image by Midjourney


DREAM

I'm playing a video game, when I notice that a large, fleshy tube is starting to push its way out of my stomach. But I feel fine. I ask if we can still go to the party. I don't know what else to do. One of my friends says yes, and no one else knows, so we all go to the hall to celebrate. 

But I confide in a nurse friend as well, and she's very concerned. 

We open presents. We're about to eat cake when I worry about whether or not my body can handle food. My nurse friend shuts the party down. That was enough. It's time for me to go to the hospital. 

INTERPRETATION

This is how I feel in real life. I've developed tardive dyskinesia, which is a movement disorder caused by long-term antipsychotic use. And I feel like I have to go to work, be pleasant, and carry on with my life--all while my "intestines" are falling out. And I wish I could just press "pause" on the party and get someone to fix it, but it's been 5 months of treatment after treatment, and I'm losing hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment