Sunday, August 9, 2026

Godzilla is outside my trailer. (dream)


Image by Midjourney


DREAM 

I'm in a small trailer with a huge window to the city outside. I see Godzilla starting to come down the road. I'm scared, but I'm not that scared. I'm scared, but I'm not going to run. I'm going to seek shelter indoors and hope I'll be okay. 

I open a door. I see my black cat in the distance. I call for him. He comes towards me--a huge relief! I pick him up and put him inside. 

Then my little four-year-old cousin comes by. I let her in. She lets in about 3 of the neighborhood kids. I shoo all of the kids out. 

"Don't let anyone else inside my house!" I chastise. She looks like she feels bad. I shut the door on her as well. 

I feel the vibrations of the monster's footsteps. I can see him right outside my window. 

I go to my mother's pincushion. I realize she's dead and I don't need those sewing materials anymore. I pick them up to throw them away. One of the pins pricks my finger. I pull it out. It bleeds a little. 

A song begins to play in my head. It's only got one line: "Some people shouldn't have hopes and dreams." 


INTERPRETATION

When I think of Godzilla, I think of a big, big problem--like a natural disaster type of problem. I'm facing a lot of BIG changes right now. Changes in where I live, in employment, changes in my opinions about stuff like having children. I had been hoping for a change in my relationship status, which didn't happen. And that's why I think is why I dreamed about such a depressing song. 

I think I shooed the children out because I fear having children. What if I would be a terrible parent? What if the child is too intrusive, stepping on my limited resources? As a waking person, I know the right thing would be to let all the children stay in the trailer. In fact, I should compel them to stay in the trailer. Godzilla looked like he was looking for movement in the streets. But in the dream, it only felt natural to want that trailer space for myself, my cousin, and my cat. 

But I'm not running from my problems--or I don't feel as though I am. I'm just hunkering down for a little while. It's going to take patience sort all of this out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment