Friday, July 12, 2024

Making cookies for school. (dream)

Image by Midjourney


DREAM

I go to work at a restaurant, and I'm very, very interested in the customers' opinions about things, even though it gets busy. I duck my head into the kitchen and when I come out, the dining area is exploding with customers. 

Then, I'm taking a class in which I have to bake cookies. I start off assembling some perfect lavender cookies for the morning round. But I have a second, later round to assemble too. I go through the pantry to see what kind of ingredients I have for a different type of cookie. I take out some things and start to think that I might be able to do some kind of "Western" themed cookie, but then I realize that I'm missing some ingredients, and the chocolate chips I have aren't enough. 

But I'm dreading leaving the house. I'm torn between really wanting to please the class, and wanting to say at home.


INTERPRETATION

I think the restaurant part of the dream is about how I went to a comedy show the other day, and I was really, really interested in observing the audience's reactions to the comedians. Something about it was fascinating, and wild, and unpredictable to me. I never knew quite how they would respond, and I really wanted to know how they felt and what they were thinking.

Then, I think the second part of the dream with the cookies is about how I'm struggling to muster up the strength and courage to leave my house lately. Because not long ago, I was leaving a coffee shop parking lot area, and I took a turn onto a street. This pair of speeding motorcycles came up behind me, and were angry because they thought I was too slow to accelerate from my turn. So after honking a bunch, they drove up beside me, and one of them started smashing his fist into the front of my car while we were driving. I laid on the horn until he stopped and sped away with his friend. 

I called the police, and I think if they really, truly wanted to catch these guys, they might be able to, because I believe there are cameras on all the main street intersections, but I just don't think they have the time and resources to spend on an event in which there was no physical harm (aside from a few, shallow dents in my old car). 

But this event has left me frazzled. I'm getting back into meditating because of it, which, I suppose, is turning lemons into lemonade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment