Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Meandering through Costco. (dream)


Image by Midjourney


First, I dream about Star Trek TOS. And it's all very clear and orderly, and the storyline is linear and makes sense. We're in the later renditions of the uniforms (from the movies). It's the perfect kind of dream to write about.

Then I fall asleep and forget all about it. 

Then I dream about going through Costco to give a young boy practice with getting someone to get a goldfish out of a fish tank. The young boy develops a crush on me at some point during my Costco meanderings, and expresses it in annoyingly immature ways. 

But by the time I get serious about getting the little boy his goldfish, the father and everyone else is critical of how I felt that my mind was on other things that I needed to explore before getting the goldfish. 

A man stands beside the goldfish pool. The goldfish he's gotten out for me is the size of a grizzly bear. It takes two people to move it out of a tub when I reject it for the smaller black moor goldfish.


INTERPRETATION  

I think the criticism of the father and the rest of the crew about my Costco meanderings is how critical I am of myself for getting distracted by other things while studying. I often wish I could just order myself to sit and study for a couple hours without the interventions of videos, and coffee, but I generally can't. I need a lot of breaks. 

I've started using the Pomodoro Technique to tackle a book I have to read and write about in a couple days, and that's actually been working surprisingly well with my meandering mind. But I do take bigger breaks than just 5 minutes. Switching tasks altogether tends to be more refreshing than just taking a 5 minute phone break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment